Login as yourself, local administrator account is prefer as we will need the privileges to create VPN connection on the computer.
- Anywhere on the Windows 8 Metro screen, type the word Control and click the Control Panel icon when it appears.
- From Control panel, open Network and Sharing Center
- From the Network and Sharing Center select Set up a new connection or network
- In the next window, choose: Connect to a workplace and click Next
- In the next window, select Use my Internet Connection (VPN)
- In the next window, type "Your company IP address or alias" in the Internet address field
- Make sure you select "Allow other people to use this connection" as you will need this feature to login as domain admin account remotely on the logon screen.
- In the Network and Sharing Center, click "Change Adapter Settings"
- Right-click your new VPN connection and select View connection properties
- Click on the Security tab and under Type of VPN select Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)
- Select the radio button Allow these protocols, then tick Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (CHAP) and Microsoft CHAP version 2 (MSCHAP v2) and click OK (Click Yes if you get a warning about the protocols and encryption)
- Click the network icon in the bottom-right of the screen again, click your VPN connection then click Connect
- Type in your username and VPN (remote access) password then click OK
- After a short delay your computer should connect via VPN and you willbe able to access our secure services and resources.
Lastly, log off your current account and now on the login screen you should be able to see an icon shown on below picture:
Enter your domain admin credential to login.