The investigation started, so first the error is telling me is attempting to download files from the internet. Hinting there is a problem with network connection in between the server and the internet. The server does have internet connection and to verify that I have done some ping test "www.google.co.uk" with successful replies. However, re-trying the download and it is still throwing me the same error, so there must be some security settings preventing me to download the files from Microsoft!
After some research, I have couple of things:
- Disabling the IE Enchaned Security
- Turning firewall off completely
No luck, still... if anyone found a solution to this please share it :)
Moving on to the alternative option, "Use previously downloaded file". To use this option, you will need a fully functional computer with fully functional internet connection, haha I cannot emphasise much on that, as it does really did the trick. I have used my own personal computer to download those files and it worked!!!
- To do this you will need to copy the SCCM installation files to your local C: drive, navigate to "E:\SC2012_SP1_RTM_SCCM_SCEP\SMSSETUP\BIN\X64".
- In there right click, open Command Prompt window here.
- Type: "Setupdl.exe C:\RC_updates"
- The download should be starting and indicating there are 56 files to download.
- Once the download has finished, copy the folder in C:\RC_updates from your personal computer and paste it to the SCCM server local "C:" drive. Noticed that there are 59 files and not 56.
6. Go back to SCCM Setup Wizard, browse to "C:\RC_updates" folder as shown in screenshot below and click next!
Woohoo, the Setup Wizard started to verify and taken me to the next step of the installation!